Wednesday, October 7, 2009

tuesday october 6th

Today is Tuesday. The last few days have been amazing. We went to Burgos this weekend and WOW, such a cool experience. We went into the most amazing cathedral, walked up to a castle to see the whole city and ate lunch on the castle stairs. We then explored and experienced their type of flee market….really cool stuff!!! Everything you find is hand-made, so of course I had to buy something….it’s a ring with a turquoise stone in it-BEAUTIFUL!!!! We also were able to be there during their medieval parade so we have tons of pictures of that too. We then went to the monastery after that and saw another view of the city but at this point we were a little worn out. Perhaps also it was due to the night before and the celebrations of one of the girls’ birthdays. Which, by the way, there is no such thing as sleep in this city-people are out and about until at least 5 having a good time and up by 8 or 9 ready for the day haha. Sunday we were able to sleep in though and then I went and bought tickets for this weekends adventure=MALAGA!!!! Yeah, I am so excited. I am going with 5 other girls and one of them actually has family over there so it is very convenient. Can anyone say free tour guide??? I can J other than that we have been going to school…..early morning for Spanish and late night for poly. All great classes. Side note, but still very interesting, we were able to watch policia in action too!!! Some guy was trying to get into a cafĂ© and the lady told him he couldn’t come in, things began to get a little aggressive but in about 5 seconds, NO EXAGERATION, policia were there handling the situation. I found that policia also put on gloves before they touch anyone or anything in the place they are going. This is just another example of differences in cultures, but then again I don’t have many encounters with the cops so I could be wrong about them in the states. Some of the girls and I also have been talking about starting a bible study which we actually followed through on last night and it went really well. I am very excited about the support group I have here, inside and outside of the bible study, and have already created very strong friendships. I think those are the big points for now. Everything here is still more than amazing and I can’t wait to show everyone pictures when I get back. If anyone has any specific questions feel free to ask me. Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment