Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello everyone!! So the last few days have been incredible. Last weekend we were invited by one of the guys in my class to come to a bar and listen to some of his music. In addition, this music of his was playing at the bar because it was an Indian holiday, he is from India, and it was going to be a huge fiesta. Indeed it was. A bunch of us from cal poly went and we were all “blessed”, red dots on our foreheads and learned how they dance in India. It was an amazing experience-and the music was GREAT




























This is just one example of the diversity we are able to experience on this trip. My Spanish culture class contains people from America, India, Afghanistan, Sweden, Germany,etc. so what is cool is that when we learn about a certain custom of Spain we all then get to share our customs in our country. Can you say amazing?!?!? We then meandered of to a place called su, where you buy beverages in liters and put deposits on the glasses. (that was just a side-note). The next day we went to Segovia and saw the aqueduct, alcazar, and definite Spanish streets. These streets were what I expected to see when I came to Spain, small-barely room for one car, little shops on the sides and cobblestone everywhere. One of our friends fathers was also visiting this weekend so he was able to join us in Segovia, Philip Payne.











After a day at Segovia we came home and went to another pub to watch the Valladolid soccer game, I left in the middle though because Natalie’s dad wanted to take us out to dinner. It was yet another very great experience. Her father is a missionary from Ecuador, which was very cool because we were able to talk about Keith teaching over there and more. Myself along with six other girls will probably all remember this night because we had very intense and deep conversations. For example ponder this: what would you say to the world, if there was a universal language, and you had fifteen minutes-what would you say to THE WHOLE WORLD? I really enjoyed it because it wasn’t a question that we are used to, there is no right or wrong answer or a formula to follow but it made you think about what you really care about and what is most important in the world-what does the world really need to hear about? Sunday was supposed to be our study day so we all got together at a cafĂ©, but I for some reason had a hard time focusing-we still had fun though J Now it is the beginning to another week of school-I have two papers to write, two quizzes and a mid-term so cross your fingers for me. I am feeling very lucky to be having the life I am having!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some side notes:
-our tablecloth says chicken on it instead of pollo-my parents don’t know “chicken” unless I were to point at a picture lol.
-I learned how to eat baby lobster at dinner Sunday night….its still a big confusing for me.
-I had a conversation with my Spanish mom about relationships which she had some very good insight on.
-it is raining in Valladolid and we all look hysterical trying to fit under each other’s umbrellas.

No comments:

Post a Comment